“This Cornbread is called Not Your Mother's Cornbread because it is everything your mother's cornbread is not!! It is soft, sweet, full of flavor and body, and better than most birthday cakes. Once you've tried it you'll crave it and never go back!!”
-- Frank Dracman
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 1 can chopped green chiles (4 ounces)
- 1 can cream corn
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup cornmeal (fresh ground tastes best!)
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Delicious Homemade Cornbread
- In The WonderMill or Wonder Junior, on a coarse setting, grind popcorn into cornmeal.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With the Bosch Universal or DLX Mixer cream together eggs, sugar, and butter.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix gently until batter is blended well.
- Pour into 9x12 baking pan.
- Then reduce heat to 300 degrees.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until done.