Rosemary Dill Bread - Video Recipe
with Anitra Kerr
Rosemary Dill Bread
Rosemary Dill Bread Recipe
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup water and 1/3 cup buttermilk powder)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup honey or Xagave
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 8 cups wheat flour
- 2 tbsp. instant Saf yeast
- 2 tbsp. dill
- 2 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- In a heavy duty mixer, combine hot water, buttermilk, oil, honey, sea salt, onions, and 3 cups flour, Stir till well blended, 20 seconds.
- Add the yeast, dill, oregano, garlic, and more flour, kneading and mixing the dough until it's smooth and elastic, and leaves the sides of the bowl, about 8-10 minutes.
- Cover the dough and allow to rise 30 minutes.
- Shape into 2 large baguette rolls or 4 smaller skinnier ones.(You can also bake this bread in 4 loaf pans or free standing on a baking sheet.)
- Let rise again till double. (If you choose, you can cut horizontal slits in each loaf before baking for a more authentic looking artisan bread.)
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven, dropping the temperature to 325 after 15 minutes.
- Bake another 20 to 25 minutes or until loaves are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped.